For its’ members LightingEurope has published guidance on how to apply the EPREL obligations to light sources.
All products in scope of the new EU ecodesign and energy labelling rules for light sources must be registered in the EPREL database before they can be placed on the market.
The LightingEurope EPREL guidelines address the questions and requests for information gathered over the past months and cover:
- What is EPREL?
- What lighting products are in scope?
- Who needs to upload information?
- What information and values need to be uploaded, including explanations for each value and a non-exhaustive list of relevant harmonised standards.
- By when should information be registered?
- When is information considered final, when is it published, can it be corrected after a product is placed on the market, what changes require the registration of a new model?
- We also provide an excel to help companies upload information directly in the compliance part of EPREL.
The guidelines are free to view and download for member companies and public authorities. They are also free for members of a LightingEurope member National Lighting Association.
Companies that are not members of our lighting associations can purchase the LightingEurope Guidelines – Find out more.