The Institution of Lighting Professionals announced that the Professional Lighting Summit, their annual conference, is returning in 2022.
This will be a two day event, held on 21 and 22 June at Watershed in Bristol and online. The event will be a focus for all those involved in lighting to get together to share expertise, discuss new ideas, understand technical and legal changes to our community – and ultimately to provide each attendee with information on how to carry out their role more effectively.
The ILP is designing a programme of CPD content valuable for lighting engineers, designers, consultants, contractors and other professionals.
Call for papers
The Institution is looking for speakers. Submissions are invited now from everyone who has a lighting story to tell. Our audience is keen to hear:
- Interesting topics
- Expert knowledge
- Inspirational talks
- Case studies
- Exclusive papers that haven’t been given elsewhere
Prospective speakers should email Jo Bell – email@example.com – telling her
- The author’s full name, role and organisation
- The author’s email, postal address, mobile and landline telephone numbers
- The title of the proposed paper
- 250-500 words describing the paper with enough information for the reviewers to make an informed decision
- Details of any event or publication which has previously featured the paper
This is a professional career development opportunity. The organisers are very supportive of first time speakers. Marketing ‘sales pitches’ are not allowed. Applications should come from the speaker themself.
Submission deadline is 1 March
Alongside the Continuous Professional Development side of the event, there will also be times for networking, and an exhibition. Details on how companies can support this event by taking up exhibition and sponsorship opportunities will be released soon.