The BRILLIANT Consortium is glad to announce that within the ClusterXchange mobility scheme, partners Rete di Imprese Luce in Veneto and ELCA European Lighting Cluster Alliance are organizing and will host the BRILLIANT Lighting Design Lab and Outdoor on 7-8-9 September 2022 in Castelfranco Veneto.
Interested participants – lighting SMEs, designers, and architects – coming from the COSME countries, may apply funding of 450 EUR to support travel and accommodation costs activated in the framework of the BRILLIANT ClusterXchange mobility scheme.
The BRILLIANT Lighting Design Lab and Outdoor training is an educational and experiential 3-day program, conceived as an opportunity to acquire theoretical and practical knowledge of lighting design, it involves the whole light chain (lighting fixtures, furniture, construction) in a specific urban space and building typologies.
The focus will be to conceptualize, test, and realize a lighting project on a real scale through the guidance of experienced workshop heads (professional lighting designers acting as mentors).
Participants are involved in a collaborative way in 5 different training phases as follows:
1. Registration and presentation: each workshop mentor will present himself and introduce the chosen sites for the lighting projects installations and their lighting philosophy.
2. Site survey and analysis: together with the mentors, the participants will visit the sites and begin to consider all their characteristics and problems from the lighting viewpoint.
3. Concept: the participants will be divided into groups and the respective mentors will be assigned. Immediately afterward, the equipment and materials available will be checked and the concept of each site will begin to develop;
4. Mock-up: the participants will present their concepts to the workshop heads
5. Installation: the participants will realize the installations under the supervision of the workshop leader and mentors.
As a people-centric program, the BRILLIANT Lighting Design Lab and Outdoor training aim to gather together lighting designers together with cluster managers, sector companies, and academia so as to gain insights, strategies, and tools to think more creatively and holistically about lighting design.